Hello there! I’m so pleased about last month’s Top Tens event. We started small, but all the entries were great and I got to make a bunch of new blogger friends. For me, that’s a win-win situation! For this month’s event, I’ve got a new challenge for you. I hope this works, because I really like this idea. Here goes: Blog Envy: Top Ten Recipes You’ve Been Meaning to Make. You know how it goes… you’re checking out blogs and you find an incredible recipe. Maybe it’s the picture that grabs you, maybe it’s the way it’s described. We all know that bloggers can be quite persuasive! So what do you do with that recipe? Well, of course, you add it to that long list of bookmarked recipes that end up just sitting there, waiting to be made. Now, it’s sad for all those great recipes to just sit on a list, so let’s do something about it!
Here’s how it works:
- Pick out the top ten recipes (from blogs) that you’ve been meaning to make. Make a list, with links.
- Pick one of these recipes to make! Leave the blogger a comment letting them know that you love their recipe and are going to make it for this month’s Top Tens challenge. Provide a link to the challenge on my blog so they will know what you’re talking about! For example: “Hi (Deb, Ree, Helen..etc)! I just love your recipe for (triple chocolate cake, ricotta gnocchi, beet salad, etc). It’s on my list of the top ten recipes I’ve been meaning to make and I’ll be preparing it for this month’s Top Ten’s challenge on Food*Nerd!”
- Prepare the recipe (you can make any changes you like) and blog about it, including a picture. In this post, also include your list of Top Ten recipes with links. Link back to this post on my blog. The link to the event is:
- Send an email to me at foodnerdblog [at] gmail [dot] com with your name, your blog’s URL, your Top Tens list, and a link to the post where you made one of your top ten recipes.
- The challenge will be running from now until June 30. You can post any time between now and then. Have fun!