Hello everyone! I’m back, at least temporarily. It’s going to be a crazy week for me (I’m moving most of my stuff up to NY this weekend) but I did want to stop in and post the Top Tens Roundup. I also wanted to thank you all for your kind comments, you made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside!
To give you a quick reminder, Top Tens is my monthly event, and each month has a different theme. This month’s theme was Blog Envy: Recipes You’ve Been Meaning to Make. I asked you all to round up the top ten recipes you’ve been dying to make, and then to get on with it and make one of them. And you delivered!
This was one of my favorite Top Tens so far. Why? Well, just look at all the great recipe ideas below! Your top ten lists inspired me so much, and gave me tons of new ideas for what to cook. And yes, that’s what I was going for. I hope you all find some new recipes that you can’t wait to make too.
And without further ado, here are the lists. I’ve got four to share with you, hope you enjoy!
- This top ten list is from Ian at Manageable Chunks. He ended up making the Radish Leaf Pesto (number 10), which you can check out on his blog here! Great job Ian!
1 Cod Cheeks with garlic, shallot sauce from Cod Cheeks. I love cod cheeks they are one of my favourite pieces of fish, although it is difficult to find them in the fish mongers.
2 Scotch eggs from Becks and Posh. Scotch eggs are one of my favourite things, when they are home made it reminds me of the ones my mum made for me to take on school trips. I think the use of Toulouse sausage is inspired.
3 Sausage and Fennel Risotto from Cooksister. I am always looking for new ways to have sausages and this is something that I am definitely looking forward to.
4 Moroccan Lamb Meat Balls from Amateur Gourmet. This looks brilliant, I am quite keen to use more North African flavours in my cooking as this is something that I don’t have a great deal of experience with.
5 Courgette Ricotta Cheesecake from 101 cookbooks. This looks like a great way of using courgettes that is a bit different from the pasta dishes and roasted veg that I normally go with.
6 Pig Cheek from What Geeks Eat. I love pork and always like to try the bits that are less commonly used. This looks like a tasty slow cooked dish. The best ribs that I have cooked were made with trotters in the sauce.
7 Pain Depices from David Lebovitz. Fruit cakes are wonderful things they remind me of good times. This looks like a really nice version and one that I will certainly look to cook at some time in the future.
8 Choc Chip Cookies from Foodie at Fifteen. Ultimate Choc Chip cookies is quite a claim, but it looks good and tasty.
9 Boozy Truffles from Chez Pim. There is no better way of having chocolate as far as I am concerned than truffles, but I am far more familiar with the eating of truffles that making so I am really looking forward to making these sometime soon.
10 Radish Leaf Pesto from Chocolate and Zucchini. I have wanted to make some Pesto for some time, but not managed to. So seeing this recipe when I had just bought some Radishes I thought when will there be a better time.
The recipe that I have made is the Radish Leaf Pesto, because I had meant to make some pesto for ages but never got around to it.
- This next list is from Plutosangel at One of a Grind. She ended up making the momos (number 10), and they look like they came out great! Check out her post here.
And I made the momos! World Foodie Guide’s blog doesn’t quite have a very detailed description of the recipe so I made my own just getting the general idea from the site.
- Here’s another great Top Ten list from Sara at The Application of Heat. She made the cream cheese cinnamon rolls, and man, are they making my mouth water. Cinnamon rolls fall into the category of yeast pastries, which I’m kind of scared of, so Sarah, I commend you!
- And finally, we have one more list from Jen at Beantown Baker. You can see her whole post here. Like me, life got in the way and she didn’t get around to making one of the recipes, but I like to keep it casual here at Food*Nerd, so no worries Jen! Great list. I’m definitely eyeing Dorie’s Chipster-Topped Brownies. They look delicious!
10. Rainier Cherry and Goats Cheese Pie from Peabody – I love goat cheese and this combo sounds awesome
9. Chocolate Bacon Cupcakes with Caramel Buttercream from Scrumptious Photography – I’ve been dying to try the chocolate/bacon combo
8. Fresh Strawberry Cake from A Good Appetite – Strawberries are in season and this cake looks awesome
7. Dorie’s Chipster-Topped Brownies from Engineer Baker – I’ll probably leave out the nuts and add ganache to the top like Bakerella did
6. Chocolate Goat Cheese Truffles from Divine Domesticity – I’m intrigued by this recipe…
5. Bagels from Smitten Kitchen – I’ve been wanting to make bagels for a while, but they kind of definitely intimidate me…
4. Choc-alot Cake from Confections of a Foodie Bride – You knew I was going to have a super chocolatey cake on here
3. Billy’s Vanilla Cupcakes from How to Eat a Cupcake – I’m still searching for the perfect vanilla cupcake…
2. White Cake with Fresh Strawberry Buttercream from Peabody – again, strawberries are in season and how awesome does this cake look?!?
1. Brownie Mosaic Cheesecake from Smitten Kitchen – Um, hello?!? Cheese cake, ganache, and brownies in one dessert – heaven!
Thanks everyone! I hope you enjoyed the event! Top Tens will be on hold for July, but I’ll be back in August for sure.